G-d's Rainy Composition - Poem

This weeks poem was not even scheduled for release. I am writing this just over 24 hours after returning from summer camp where I spent two amazing weeks. The poems for those weeks were pre-scheduled to release automatically on set days during camp, which is how I've always shared my posts during camp, through pre-scheduling them) which is also how I've been able to share my poems whenever I am away from home, anytime throughout the last five years of this blog

Anyway, I originally had another piece scheduled, but after careful consideration, I realized that I was not happy with the finished product and knew one way or another, I had to replace it in time for this week.

So I sent up a small prayer to our dear Father in Heaven asking him for a ember of inspiration. As usual, in His unique and infinite kindness, He sent me a whisper of an idea, and perhaps one of the most special bursts of inspiration He's ever sent me.

This poem actually has a backstory. When I was a really young boy, in one of my first years on summer camp, one night I couldn't sleep. It was also raining really loudly and I was scared. The counselor on duty helped me relax and calm down and told me something which has always in some way stayed with me.

The counselor told me that it was a very known fact throughout the camp that I love music. (It's true, I do! Many of you will know it to be a absoloute fact of truth). Well, rain, I was told, is Hashem's music.

"Don't let the rain keep you up, It's just Hashem's music! :)"

That was what I was told.

Today, I invite you to listen to the composition of G-ds raindrop, hear the notes, feel the rhythm of His world, as each heartbeat, each breeze, raindrop and blooming flower, combine in one of natures most Divine instrumentally performed naturally produced pieces.

Enjoy!

Have an amazing week!

Your friend,

Yitzy Schweitzer

G-d's Rainy Composition - Poem One quiet night, as I lay awake, sleep was a dream to me,
My soul was finding no peace, seemed as though tonight, this is how it would be,
No nightmares were alive, yet still relaxation was not to come,
Won’t a moment, just a second of slumber arrive to make tomorrow feel like an untouched day, a new one?

Far into the distance, a soft noise, stirred my soul, and I found myself drifting into dreams,
It was the sound of rain, the sounds of the music of the nights, a soft, yet powerful melody,
The rain may have awakened me, or kept me up, on any other night that it would sound,
But tonight, it has allowed me to wind down and slowly fall away into slumber, peace within thee rain, has been found.

My last thoughts before slumber took me further on to the nights calming roads,
Was a memory of when I was a child, one night, far from home, many years ago,
The rain was keeping me up, I was afraid of its disturbing sound,
Until someone explained to me something very profound.

This person told me, just like people enjoy music, the soundtrack of lifes many roads
They enjoy the songs, the arrangements, melody and the singers beautiful notes,
Humans like the power of song, so does G-d in heaven, He enjoys it very much, you see,
And the rain is just one of His many songs, his compositions, his, sweet, sweet, melody.

As I remembered that night, I smiled and my minds voice, began to sing along,

To the melody being composed by the Al-mighty, a brand-new heavenly song,
A composition so rich in meaning, with music of the purest waves of sound,
A song of truth, for truth is His word, heard throughout the world, all around.


Comments

Popular Posts