Ayeh - Poem

In the month of Elul, its a known thing to say that "The King is in the field". Hashem, the Supreme King of all kings, has come down into the field, this world, with His angles to be close to us for these High Holy Days and to accept our Teshuva, our repentance, as we seek Him and ask Him for a new, sweet, happy, healthy, glorious year. But if you take the expression almost literally, than what happens when He leaves the field and goes back up to Heaven? Where can He be found then?

Well, another famous expression about Hashem is the expressive question, "Ayeh Mekom Kvodo?" which means "Where is the place of His glory (or honour)?" It is asked when one wants to know, or understand "What does it mean, or perhaps, where is the best place, to find Hashem in all His glory?" How does one find that place?

The answer lies within a song I heard earlier this week. Titled, quite obviously, "Ayeh" the chorus of the song says in Yiddish:
"Ayeh - Trefen in Dan Tefilah,
Ayeh -  Ven Ah Mitzva Tus Farfilen" which means

"Where? - Find Him in your prayer,
Where? - When a Mitzvah you fulfill."

So the answer is that one finds Hashem when He performs his will. When he does acts of purity, or kindness Hashem can be found in His life.

But there is more to it then just that.

One can find Hashem, not just in those places, not just in the deeds he performs or prayers he says, but truthfully, one can find Him... within his very self. In his heart.

That is the message of the poem written below.

I hope you enjoy it..

Wishing you all a sweet new year. May this indeed be the year of Geula. In all its glory and splendor.

Kesiva Vechasima Tovah,

Your friend,

Yitzy Schweitzer

ps. to follow along with the poem reading for the new "Read Along With Me" segment, use the "Ayeh - Poem Recording" link to access the recording file. If you cannot access it but still want it sent to you another way, just drop me a message.
Ayeh - Poem Recording

Ayeh - Poem

If He is in the field,
When He leaves, where does He go?
Where can I find Him
When I am feeling lost and alone?

When things feel heavy,
Overwhelming and difficult to understand,
How do I find Him in the noise,
How can I know just a hint of His plan?

His glory can be found in any place,
Any place where I allow Him to be, anywhere,
For if I don't put His greatness everywhere,
Then I won't find Him nowhere.

His glory can be found in my prayers
In good deeds, in the kindness I do, in the kindness He shows me,
His presence, His embrace, His soft hand can be felt,
Anywhere I call out to Him, anywhere I need Him to be.

They ask, where is the place of his glory, His grandeur,
Where does one truly feel it in all its power?
G-d is within your soul, your spirit is but He Himself,
You can connect to Him every day, every hour.

Don't lose hope, for He is here with you,
Wherever you go, wherever you are,
He resides in Heaven yet the earth is His footstool,
A small piece of Heaven, of G-d is within your very heart.


Comments

Popular Posts